Anti-Bullying Week 2022 Theme Launch
The Northern Ireland Anti-Bullying Forum (NIABF) coordinates Anti-Bullying Week in Northern Ireland and we are delighted to announce the theme for Anti-Bullying Week 2022, which is taking place from Monday 14th to Friday 18th November, as Reach Out.
The theme has been developed with the help of parents, teachers, children & young people from across the UK with the hope to encourage people to challenge bullying & create kinder communities.
Read our Anti-Bullying Week 2022 Manifesto:
Bullying affects millions of lives and can leave us feeling hopeless. But it doesn’t have to be this way. If we challenge it, we can change it. And it starts by reaching out.
Whether it’s in school, at home, in the community or online, let’s reach out and show each other the support we need. Reach out to someone you trust if you need to talk. Reach out to someone you know is being bullied. Reach out and consider a new approach.
And it doesn’t stop with young people. From teachers to parents and influencers to politicians, we all have a responsibility to help each other reach out. Together, let’s be the change we want to see. Reflect on our own behaviour, set positive examples and create kinder communities.
It takes courage, but it can change lives.
So, this Anti-Bullying Week, let’s come together and reach out to stop bullying.
What to expect this Anti-Bullying Week
This year will see the return of some of your favourite Anti-bullying week activities, tools and events including Odd Socks Day, Creative Arts Competition, Toolkits and the return of our School Staff Award.
Odd Socks Day
NIABF are delighted to be working with CBBC and Cbeebies stars Andy and the Odd Socks again this year to celebrate Odd Socks Day. We’re so excited for the release of their song and video that will help us bring the message of ‘Reach Out’ to children across NI.
Odd Socks Day is the perfect opportunity to encourage people to express themselves and celebrate their individuality and what makes us all unique! All you need to do to take part is simple wear odd socks! What could be easier?
Other features of Anti-Bullying Week 2022:
- School resources – cross-curricular activities for all school ages and even resources to use outside of school
- Creative Arts competition – An opportunity for young people to get creative while spreading the anti-bullying message.
- School Staff Award – Students can nominate a school staff member who goes that extra mile to help tackle bullying and support children & young people
- Social Media Toolkit – ways to get involved online with resources and ideas about how to play your part on social media
- ABW22 Calendar of Events – NIABF and our member organisations, will be organising a calendar of events for everyone with an interest in working together to realise our vision of a society where children and young people can live free and feel safe from bullying.
Want to know how to get involved?
We can’t wait to share our full programme of activities with you in September 2022.
Why not sign up to be a supporter for Anti-Bullying Week 2022? You will be kept up to date on all Anti-Bullying Week news and activities and you’ll also receive a supporter’s certificate to display!
Sign up here: https://nationalchildrensbureau.typeform.com/to/u0bNkEap
Visit the webpage, Twitter and also check your emails for more information on how to get involved.
We look forward to you joining us this November for Anti-Bullying Week 2022!
Anti-Bullying Week is organised by: